Thursday, January 5, 2012

Catch up!


Alright, so as previously stated in my last post, we have gone PALEO! I think that the hardest part for me initially was cleaning out my pantry. When I saw how much stuff went into the boxes for "food storage" I had a mini panic attck. I've always loved an overstocked pantry for those just-in-case moments. Well here are the pics to prove what a loss it was:)



BEFORE AFTER


The baking goods on the bottom of this

pic were only left there due to not wanting

to move them downstairs.......


To get started with this whole process I stepped on the scale, GASP!! After a wonderful week with family and Utah I was looking at the beautiful number (sarcastic) of 186 and a smaller wardrobe selection. I had decided to follow this PALEO trip on myfitnesspal.com as well so that I can track calories and just exactly what I eat and how I lose weight with this lifestyle.

So I "half-started" on Sunday, by which I mean I ate PALEO but had some sparkling cider and a small candy bar. Even with that I still felt better (minus the caffiene headache).

Monday was hard-especially since it was my last day before returning to work, so it was easy to be lazy, but I DID IT!! Yay for a conscious effort :)

Tuesday was soooooo easy since I pre-packed my meals for my work day. I didn't have to think about what I was eating and I really enjoyed my meals and was completely satisfied. I think that Talmage is enjoying this eating style because I am cooking every night to ensure that we are eating good stuff :) My only complaint about that is the amount of dishes I have to do now hehe. I already noticed my energy levels were higher and my body felt better too.

Wednesday-I was worried about this day because it was my first day back with students and I tend to snack on junk food when I'm teaching or the kiddos stress me out. That was the first night I made sure that we had dark chocolate on hand- I REALLY needed something sweet after a full and busy day, but I stuck to PALEO, even going out to dinner with friends at a Mongolian BBQ restaurant, and upped my water intake (and bathroom trips)!

So today is Thursday and I feel like a rockstar :)My second time on the scale read 179- I am down 6 pounds already!!! I am definately not a PALEO expert and I have a lot of exploring to do when it comes to preparing different dishes, but I really feel confident that this is a lifestyle that I can adopt for long term. After a lovely text conversation with the wonderful Kristyan in regards to the 21 day plan in the back of the book we are using I will be adding the appropriate

excersises and suggested plan for the day since I was not paying close attention to that. With the amount of success I've had just cutting out processed foods I'm sure that I'll be one hot mama even quicker by working out a bit too:)

YAY for PALEO!!

1 comment:

Kakes said...

Yeah mama! Just think how hot we'll be come summer!!
Proud of you! Yay!